Let’s face it, the world has got a lot more complicated the last few years, when I was fitting wooden floors there was no reason not to use a solvent based adhesive so that’s what you used and you didn’t need to worry about the moisture aspect. Nowadays, quite rightly, the environmental and health and safety impact of every product must be taken into consideration and solvent based products are no longer welcome at the party.
The normal method of making a product more environmentally friendly is to switch from using solvents as the carrier to using water, easily done (relatively) and everyone is happy. When you are working with wood (especially on items with a large surface area such as flooring), you cannot do this because wood is not dimensionally stable when it comes into contact with water.
So, the challenge for manufacturers of wood floor adhesives is to make a product which is low solvent or solvent free, low water content or no water content, has good grab, remains flexible, can be used on many substrates, is easy to spread and economical. I am pretty sure there are a whole lot more essential requirements, but you can now at least understand the complexity of the task.
As many will know, Pallmann is a subsidiary of the Uzin group, a company with over 100 years of experience in manufacturing ecological, innovative and high-quality flooring products, including smoothing compounds, adhesives and damp-proofing systems. This history is one of the reasons why Pallmann P4 has rapidly become the “go to” product for the reliable installation of multi ply wood flooring. The technical aspects that guarantee the reliability are most important, but what our contractors love most about it is how easy it is to use compared to the competition, particularly its “free flowing” nature that cuts down wrist fatigue.
In a nutshell Pallmann P4 Adhesive is special for the following reasons.
- Compliant with TRGS610 solvent replacement recommendations (safer to use)
- Water free to aid timber stability.
- Creates a hard elastic adhesive ridge.
- Can be used on 2-layer and 3-layer standard planks up to 230mm.
- Comes in 16kg buckets which work out more economical (not 15kg like competitors).
- Free flowing for ease and comfort of application.
- Easy residue removal for fast clean up.
- Suitable for cementitious screeds, calcium sulphate screeds or concrete. Also, P4 – P7 chipboard and OSB 2 – OSB 4 panels.
- Suitable for warm water underfloor heating.
- EMICODE EC 1 PLUS / Very low emission (better for the environment).
Click on the P4 below to buy this product